Website Akron Children's Hospital
Ohio-based Akron Children’s Hospital seeks a Pediatric Optometrist to join its expanding Division of Pediatric Ophthalmology and The Children’s Vision Center. Akron Children’s Hospital is the largest pediatric healthcare system in Northeast Ohio and is ranked among the best children’s hospitals by US News and World Report.
This integrated healthcare delivery system includes:
· Two free-standing pediatric hospitals
· More than 900 providers, who manage more than 1.1 million patient visits annually
· A network of more than 50 primary and specialty care locations
· Robust research and innovation endeavors
· An American College of Surgeons certified pediatric trauma center
The successful candidates will join a dedicated team of 5 Pediatric Ophthalmologists and 3 Optometrists who manage over 18,000 patient visits per year at 8 locations throughout Northeast Ohio. Our team provides comprehensive, compassionate vision care to children whose needs range from general eye exams to treatment of the most complex childhood eye diseases and disorders. In addition, the Vision Center is located in a new office that features state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge research.
This position offers opportunities for:
· Partnership with an established team of providers affording exceptional work-life balance
· Research and innovation available through the Vision Science Center, Rebecca D. Considine Research Institute and area universities
· An attractive compensation and benefit package
Requirements include a doctorate degree in Optometry, residency training in pediatric optometry and the ability to obtain an active optometric license in the state of Ohio.
Akron Children’s Hospital is set in the beautiful Cuyahoga Valley, just minutes south of Cleveland. From major league attractions to small-town appeal, the greater Akron area has something for everyone. The area is rich in history and cultural diversity, and provides a stimulating blend of outstanding educational, cultural and recreational resources. This four-season community offers outdoor enthusiasts more than 40,000 acres of parks for year-round enjoyment. Northeast Ohio has become a premier destination to work, live, play, shop and dine.
To apply for this job please visit www.akronchildrens.org.