Website OjO - Ophthalmology & Optometry Recruitment
Established Practice of more than 20 years, with friendly staff! Offering comprehensive Eyecare Services in Santa Cruz County.
NO WEEKENDS OR LATE EVENINGS!
The Position and the Practice:
We are looking for a California state licensed optometrist to work in an established private office with extraordinary service and a skilled bilingual Spanish/English speaking staff. The office enjoys a top-rated community reputation. Services include glasses, contacts, eye exams, diagnosis and treatment of eye pathologies and a wide selection of quality frame brands.
Equipment includes two exam lanes, an auto refractor/keratometer, non-contact and Goldman tonometers, pachymeter, fundus camera, and an automated visual field. Support of a full-time assistant allows for a personal connection and delivery of superior service. There are 4 well qualified staff members including a practice manager. As a socially responsible business, and in support of a diverse community, we welcome most insurances, including MediCal, as well as private pay.
One part time or full-time opening is available. Workdays are flexible. Office hours are Monday’s & Friday’s 8:30am-5:00pm and Tues-Thurs 8:30am-5:30pm including an hour lunch. We are closed on Saturday’s and Sunday’s. **Travel reimbursement to and from office can be considered**
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The ideal candidate will be an independent professional that is committed, motivated and energetic. Providing exceptional patient care is essential. Effective communication skills are required and the ability to speak Spanish and English is preferred. Prior experience as an Optometrist is welcome but new graduates are encouraged to apply. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to work with a dynamic and engaged patient mix including children, adults and the elderly. The ability to maintain professional relationships with the exceptional office staff and other medical offices is required.
Located on the Central Coast of California, 90 miles south of San Francisco and 30 miles north of Monterey. The Silicon Valley is 35 miles northeast. Nearby cities include Morgan Hill, Gilroy, Salinas, Santa Cruz and Hollister.
· Perform comprehensive eye and vision tests
· Diagnose defects of the eye, such as myopia, astigmatism and glaucoma
· Provide personalized temporary and permanent solutions to sight issues based on each patient’s specific case and medical history
· Prescribe medications, eyeglasses and contact lenses
· Advise patients on proper eye care techniques
· Keep updated and accurate medical records for all patients
· Refer eye doctors and ophthalmologists when patients need to undergo a surgery or in cases of severe eye injuries
· CA License in Optometry
· In-depth understanding of eye conditions and vision defects
· Hands-on experience with eye examination tools, such as ophthalmoscope and tonometer
· The ability to explain medical terms simply and calmly
· Attention to detail
· Degree in Optometry
Apply today! Contact Drew Caldwell of OjO – Ophthalmology jobs Online at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit ojonline.net.