Website Walmart Optometry
Save Money Live Better
It’s time to see optometry through a new lens. Walmart is revolutionizing healthcare and this your chance to be part of it. A Walmart Associate Optometrist is the clinical partner to the Vision Center Manager, and core to our mission of advancing eyecare affordably for everyone.
About The Optometry Team
We’re looking for someone that shows autonomy and will forge the way to be a trusted part of the community, operating the business as if it were your own. The Vision Center is fast-paced and equipped with the resources and technology you need to succeed. Your biggest tool? The ability to authentically connect with our patients, as they turn to Walmart for trusted expertise.
How You’ll Make An Impact:
• Provide evidence-based vision care to ensure patient’s health and well-being by recommending and prescribing medications and other treatment options (for example, red eye, LASIK surgery, cataract surgery).
• Deliver routine vision care using evidence-based care guidelines.
• Educate patients and store associates on eye health, including contact lens care, disease state management, and safety factors.
1. Consult with other health professionals to prepare patient care plans, observing optometry scope of practice per state board;
What you’ll bring:
• Doctoral degree in Optometry (OD) from accredited optometry school.
• Licensed optometrist in good standing in state of practice.
• EMR/EHR experience.
• Eagerness to embrace new equipment technology and advanced instrumentation.
• Experience in Treating and managing ocular disease.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include Continuing Education (CE), liability coverage, 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice.
We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com